All parts of the mistletoe are considered toxic and require prompt veterinary care. Some clinical signs of mistletoe ingestion include abnormal blood pressure, slow heart rate, and increased stomach motility (may result in diarrhea).
If you're unsure whether a specific type of mistletoe is toxic or if your dog has ingested mistletoe, contact your veterinarian or a pet poison control hotline for guidance. Never wait for symptoms to become severe before seeking help, as early intervention can significantly improve the chances of a positive outcome.
The severity of symptoms can depend on the amount of mistletoe ingested, the specific type of mistletoe, and the size and health of the dog. If you suspect your dog has ingested mistletoe, it is crucial to seek veterinary attention immediately. In severe cases, mistletoe poisoning can be fatal.